FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Virtuoso
Thread: Virtuoso
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:40 pm
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by milfweed20
Thank you for all the useful information.
I agree that trying to negotiate directly with the hotels should be the first option, but I have been trying that approach and have been failing miserably (I'm aware the problem may be my negotiation skills), therefore I think I might give a try using a Virtuoso TA because it's almost impossible for them to do a poorer job than what I have been doing myself.
It also has to do with the specific hotels and one’s relationship as a regular guest. At many hotels, especially as a first time or infrequent guest, it is hard to negotiate. In those cases, it very often is better to have a TA book on your behalf to get the contracted value added benefits.

Originally Posted by milfweed20
And the lower price range (200-300€) has not been a problem?
There is no problem with that price range at all. That is a matter of location. In lower cost destinations, there are plenty of Virtuoso etc... properties. In expensive destinations, luxury hotels will tend to be somewhat more expensive.

There are other consortia and credit card programs that offer value added benefits at more moderately priced upscale hotels. MasterCard and Visa Signature, for example, include many four star properties in their programs.