FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Route(s) do You Wish UA Flew? [Archive thread]
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:04 pm
AceReport

Programs: UA *G. DL ̶G̶O̶L̶D̶ Member, Hilton/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by spartacusmcfly
Kirby recently implied in an interview that there is a surprisingly large demand for the forward cabins from SFO leisure travelers. Simply a large concentration of wealth in Silicon Valley. SFO-AMS is a good example. Route doing well with limited corporate interest.

TPAC C fares also tend to be reasonable outside of the JV (aka collusion) sectors. I think SFO-BKK would do extremely well. If the 2nd SIN route fails, I think UA would give SFO-BKK a shot before redeploying those frames outside SE Asia. You could also make a strong case for SFO-BLR, depending on how SFO-DEL does when it launches in Dec...
As someone who would love to see UA fly into BLR I'm not sure if the business would support it. I've been on a half full LH 744/8 on my FRA-BLR so many times I can't count. In fact I almost relay on getting an empty seat next to me. Once even had the 12 seat J mini cabin all to myself. Since the UA price on LH connection into BLR is almost always lower (at least in J) I have trouble imagining that a significant enough amount of UA purchasing BLR traffic is connecting through DEL or BOM (though I do if the 77W on the BOM-EWR price is at all competitive). Again this is for J I'm not as current on how the Y fares price out.

Would also take 3 777/787 aircraft to run daily service to BLR from the USA, that's a lot of capacity to fill.

Last edited by AceReport; Apr 15, 2019 at 2:49 pm Reason: additional info