FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC 128 May 3rd E-upgrade
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:55 pm
jasdou

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by YVRPPL
I appreciate you letting me know the realities of the situation, I'm now leaning towards standard and hoping for PE availability. If I use my E-upgrade credits for us both, does that increase our chances of sitting together?

I am only able to take off two days of work for that week, so we were hoping to maximize our time in the city by doing the red-eye and having all of Saturday instead of arriving in the evening. Also I'm not the biggest fan of EWR and its distance from Manhattan.
If you are on the same PNR and you put in the upgrade request from your account, then it's your status that counts for both of you until control is transferred to the airport on the day of the flight. So, if the flight is R2 when your eupgrade window opens (T-8 days), you should definitely try to use your own credits on both of you. Otherwise, if the flight is R0 when your window opens, it won't really matter because then upgrades will likely only be cleared at the gate and it's the passenger's own status that counts at that point.

I understand your schedule constraints. However, I find that taking the Newark Airport Express bus from EWR to Port Authority or Grand Central is usually very quick and efficient. Anyway, I agree there are lots of options and you should choose whatever suits you best!