FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC 128 May 3rd E-upgrade
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:46 pm
YVRPPL

Programs: E35K
Originally Posted by jasdou
I agree AC128 appears wide open for now but the eUp window for SE will open on April 19th and R space will start disappearing then. E75K and E50K members will follow a few days after, most likely leaving you with slim pickings, especially since this is an overnight flight, making the pods highly desirable. An upgrade is not impossible but will be very difficult, especially for the P25K member. You may end up in PY, which wouldn't be too bad for a short overnight flight, but maybe disappointing if you paid extra for a higher fare hoping for an upgrade to J.
I appreciate you letting me know the realities of the situation, I'm now leaning towards standard and hoping for PE availability. If I use my E-upgrade credits for us both, does that increase our chances of sitting together?

Originally Posted by jasdou
Since your final destination is NYC, have you considered taking AC548 (YVR-EWR non-stop) instead? This route might be less elite-heavy than YVR-YYZ and it also looks wide open for May 3rd (although no R space for now). It also seems similarly priced to the itinerary you are considering.
I am only able to take off two days of work for that week, so we were hoping to maximize our time in the city by doing the red-eye and having all of Saturday instead of arriving in the evening. Also I'm not the biggest fan of EWR and its distance from Manhattan.