FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Married Segment and Up-faring One Segment
Old Apr 15, 2019, 12:11 pm
AlwaysAisle

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Married Segment and Up-faring One Segment

I have purchased BOS-NRT-PVG via AA. PremEco is offered on BOS-NRT segment but no PremEco offered on NRT-PVG. I want to up-fare to PremEco on BOS-NRT segment.

I have HUCA several times and talked with several agents about doing this. Each agent has different reasons/stories as to why I cannot do this, many put me on hold with a rate desk and come back with different reasons/stories. But after several phone calls this seems to be the situation.

BOS-NRT-PVG is on married segment, so cannot just upfare BOS-NRT segment and leave NRT-PVG segment as is. I understand that.

Seems to be upfaring BOS-NRT segment to PremEco and upfareing NRT-PVG to other economy fares which does not have to be married with BOS-NRT segment cannot be done.

Only option which work seems to be construct totally different reservation with BOS-NRT on PremEco and NRT-PVG on Y, cancel existing reservation and purchase new reservation, which will involve cancellation/change fee. No way around avoiding cancellation/change fee.

Does this seems to be right? This is what I gathered after several phone calls to AA.