FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frustrating Seat Selections
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:21 am
AAdamE

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by MasterGeek

selfish centered "elites" act like children and applaud when others suffer and get less so that they can get more for themselves and feel extra special.

AA is at fault here because it proactively misleads people: It advertises free seat selection for Main Cabin but doesn't disclose that free seat selection is mostly limited to middle seat. AA deserves to be slammed hard with a class action lawsuit and forced to disclose information that will let people know that free seat selection is limited so that prospective passengers can vote with their feet
You bring up a good point. I avoid basic economy because I want to select a seat without a fee, and I want to be able to fly standby, so as an elite the "upcharge" is usually worth it to me. I can see how a non-elite would be rubbed the wrong way as the big selling point for them is being able to pick a seat and only middle are available.

I also wonder if being basic economy actually tends to get you a better seat because so many main economy folks don't pay for MCE or preferred seats - seems like a real tough draw for main economy folks.