FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What’s your best “I can’t believe that I made that flight” story?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:49 pm
safari ari

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Cab ride from Hoboken to JFK on some three day weekend, took 2.5 hours to get there. Cut the line at security as precheck was closed, ran through the terminal with all my belongings (2 computers, coat, belt, liquid bag) was one of the last people onto the jet-bridge.

In Tokyo, at the CX lounge as I wanted to compare to the JAL lounge. Thought my flight was delayed 20 minutes, so sitting eating dan dan noodles and doing a whiskey tasting. Realize my flight is not delayed, and is in fact on the other side of the terminal, with about 15 minutes until departure. The map of the airport shows it's a 15 minute walk from where I am to the gate. Best part, my luggage is in a locker in the JAL lounge, which is half way between myself and the gate. I tell my travel companion to run to the gate and try to hold the gate open. I hear the intercom as I am sprinting to the JAL lounge paging my companion and myself's name. "Final Call". I'm sprinting the last half of the terminal carrying two rollaboards, and two backpacks. Get to the gate, and forget that I have 'SSSS' on my boarding pass, then I get a full inspection from security officers as I am dripping sweat, holding two backpacks, one which contained some prescription drugs I am not too sure the Japanese officials would be too happy for anyone to have, and two rollaboards. I kindly hand the backpack to my companion, no questions asked, as is tradition in Japan. Get all my stuff okayed, jog down the jetbridge to an FA waiting at the door, "there you are finally, we almost left without you" as she closed the door behind me, not even three steps onto the plane. Sit in my seat sweating, but very reluctant to make the flight back home.

Last edited by safari ari; Apr 14, 2019 at 10:59 pm