FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can anyone suggest me a route from Évian to Tahko?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:47 pm
miklcct

Programs: Aeroflot Bonus, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by miklcct
I have worked out that route but I am not willing to drive - I may connect to KAJ on a separate ticket and take a bus there.

However, I still need to consider whether it is worth the money and hassle for a competition which is not very important for me - the one-way ticket is very expensive and there is no award availability in Aeroflot Bonus for the SU flights.

And I need to have a good rest after the competition on 13/7 as well.

I originally believed that the public transport network in Finland is very good, with frequent short-haul flights and also inter-city buses given my good experience connecting Helsinki and Stockholm, Turku and Tampere. But now it disappoints me. The transport does not work on Sunday.
I have decided to go thru SVO since there are no flights which are significantly cheaper to HEL even if I skip the Sunday competition, and if I go KUO on Sunday afternoon, the AY round-trip tickets are much more expensive than going KAJ in the morning (my final destination is somewhere between KUO and KAJ). Also, by splitting the ticket at SVO (buying GVA-SVO on SU, and SVO-HEL on AY) I can get considerable savings (because there is no single GVA-HEL fare and the SU flights are priced as an open-jaw, even the un-flown segment is much longer than the SVO-HEL leg). I will have 2 hours and 50 minutes between these 2 separate tickets so I believe it is doable.

Last edited by miklcct; Apr 14, 2019 at 10:53 pm