FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz Carlton Langkawi Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:08 pm
flo_147

Programs: LH*G, FB*G, IC *free minibar*, SLH, RC 5C-Club, LHW, and a lot of others
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I’m currently staying here and I’m really looking forward to checking out tomorrow.
Staff lacks training, nothing is working. It’s a complete mess.
They’ve been open for 1.5 years and it feels like they’ve been open for 1.5 DAYS.

DO NOT STAY HERE.

I’m just feeling constantly annoyed at the incompetence. Everybody is very friendly, but they don’t seem to know anything about how a hotel like this should work. Clearly management has neglected their training.
The St. Regis was MILES above this.
Yes, the rooms are nicer here than at the SR, but the SR was professional.
The only professionals here are the three INTERNS (!) from European hospitality schools. They are well aware that we’re not happy (a LOT has gone wrong) and management hasn’t even tried to reach out to us.
I honestly can’t wait to leave.
staying here as well and had similar experiences like you did. As an Ambassador I did not get offered any benefits nor did they ask which amenity we would like to choose - I was actually addressed as a "Bonvoy member". First room we got was full of mosquitos - maybe 100+ flying around. They brought a few bottles of spay cans and expected us to sleep there. Had to push them for a new room.

Don't I get a 100 USD compensation when they do not offer ne a Platinum" amenity? How do I claim it?