FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best place to get Uber/Lyft to LGA or JFK from N/R/W/E/F train in Queens?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:22 pm
ibrandsguest

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Best place to get Uber/Lyft to LGA or JFK from N/R/W/E/F train in Queens?

I usually take the E train and then the Q70 bus from Manhattan to LGA, or the E train and the JFK Airtrain from Manhattan to JFK.

However, recently the E and F trains have been delayed significantly; the MTA website's trip planner is NOT accurate even when it says that construction or whatever is factored into the recommended schedules that it shows. Sometimes the E or the F are shown as express trains, but then they suddenly are announced as locals, midway through the trip. Then sometimes the Q70 bus from 74th Street/Roosevelt Avenue or the JFK Airtrain requires a long wait once I get off the subway.

When the subway is running late and/or there is a long wait to transfer to the Q70 bus or Airtrain, I'd like to just grab an Uber or Lyft. This Saturday, I jumped off the subway at Queensboro Plaza (coming from Manhattan) and tried to get an Uber or Lyft there, but traffic at Queensboro Plaza was really bad and it took 35 minutes to get a car, and there were very few street signs, and it was really confusing to figure out where I was.

So: if you're taking the subway from Manhattan to LGA or JFK and the subway is delayed, what's the best place to jump off and grab an Uber or Lyft? For LGA, 74th Street/Roosevelt Avenue? And JFK, Jamaica (where you pick up the Airtrain)? Or are there better locations (less traffic but still close to the airport, and with plenty of Ubers/Lyfts nearby)?

Thanks!