FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - airport hotel bkk
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2019, 3:31 pm
IAN-UK
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by hockey7711
I'll be arriving at 11pm, and was thinking of staying at an airport hotel, then taking the train downtown the following day.
Any recommendations?

Also have a 7:10am out bound from BKK a week later and was going to stay at the airport...
In the same situation a couple of days back, I settled on the Miracle hotel. It's sort of along the west side of the airport, between the two expressways. They operate a shuttle from the airport, and it's a simple matter to get a Grab the next morning into the city.

The hotel itself is smart, clean and has a restaurant - and a 7-11 five minutes' walk away. I got a "premium" room for around $35 via (I think) Agoda. Room is fine, good A/C, spic and span clean but hard-ish beds.

Shuttle worked fine for me, there's an agent with a passenger list in the gate 3/4 area for hotel busses (inside the airport). She called the pick-up, I was the only passenger. Grab was THB330 to Hilton Sukhumvit.

I'm sure there are loads more airport hotels, but this was my (happy) experience. Of course, for any number of reasons, YMMV.