FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:40 pm
Tenerife

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
IB has just canceled IB8809 from AGP to MAD for Tuesday, the 16th, due to a pilot strike on Air Nostrum. It was one of my "cheapie" flights for the 90K promo. I wouldn't use the flight because we need to fly from DUS to MAD on the 25th instead (recently booked for normal price). Since IB canceled the flight and wrote that I should check at AGP for alternatives or call the Serviberia #, should I request that they refund the flight (€70 for two of us) and tell them we will be driving from AGP to MAD, or just forget about it? We've already flown the promo avios (MAD-MIA-MAD-DUS) last month.

Second question: We were short 750 avios each when I booked the award flights, so I had to buy the minimum 2,000 for each of us (too close to Dec. 3rd at that point to risk transferring them from my AMEX in time). After the promo ended, they had deducted the entire 2,000 each instead of only the necessary 750. Am I best off contacting them on FB or Twitter, rather than trying to explain the situation on the phone?
Thanks in advance for any advice!