Old Apr 14, 19, 12:33 am
geminidreams

Programs: SPG(LTG), SIA, Turkish Elite, Korean, Qantas
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
I've stayed at most of the Bangkok properties and find the SGS offers a combination of amenities that is difficult to beat. YMMV.

That said, anyone who (i) cannot distinguish 4P service from StR service, (ii) places a high priority on free appetizers and unlimited lounge pours, or (iii) wants a sunny, spacious pool area, should simply not stay at SGS. Please considered yourself forewarned
I have stayed at all the SPG properties except LMS. Excluding upgrades which are always hit and miss, the room size at SGS is the same as the Westin and Athenee. The Westin is a little run down is the main difference. STR is certainly better hardware. The Athenee pool I prefer, breakfasts are more than adequate in any of the 5 stars, I personally prefer the Athenee but that is taste. I rarely have more than 2 alcoholic drinks in a day so that aspect doesnt do much for me but given a choice I prefer Bamboo Chic or the Lounge at the Athenee. Exactly what service do you get there that is not available from any 5 star? My point being that there is nothing much that stands out that you dont get in some form or other than that of the other Bangkok offerings so if you expect a next level of experience you will be disappointed. Saying that I do not avoid the SGS and would stay any time I get a good rate and usually rotate my stays between 2 or 3 hotels when in Bangkok ranging from the Aloft to the StR and apart from one stay at the 4P they were all good according to my expectations given the rates and the hotel ratings.