Old Apr 13, 19, 9:41 pm
helvetic

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Starriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by escape4 View Post
If you remove the word lounge from your statement, actually when I am in a drinking mood, SGS is the #1 choice in Bangkok for me. Happy hour cannot be beat when considering everything as a package: the drinking times, the quality of drinks, the service, the choice of venues, etc. I am not completely sure but it might even be #1 in the entire world of hotels I have visited as well (not only #1 in Bangkok). I love the seats in the booth by the windows at BarSu - very private.

Of course I have not been to all hotels of the world so someone might know of a better place, particularly if you include lounges where you need to pay for access such as Ritz Carltons, but in terms of free Platinum drinks, I am curious to hear from someone which hotel has a better happy hour for drinks.
My pick so far for best free platinum drinks at a hotel (having not tried the SGS) is actually the Le Meridien BKK's Bamboo Bar. I don't think I've stayed anywhere else that provides a full bar setting HH with craft cocktails as free drinks. But then again, I really need to try the SGS because it sounds like that's something it excels at.