FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:35 pm
onobond
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by stephem

I beg to differ, while it may be difficult to get a stopover to price in TYO, the fare rules do not prohibit it as you suggest.

This is a routing based fare, with a stopover cost of INr1,000 per stopover at any city in the routing table.

Most people are reporting a problem getting a stopover because OTAs will only pull up MHcoded flights and the MH coded transpacs on AA or JL are only available when done in conjunction with a sub 24 hour arrival from KL.

But as I pointed out previously, this fare doesnt require the transpac to be MH coded:

Presumably a capable TA could get you in one day on an MH or JL flight and allow a +24 hour stopover before booking you onward on a JL or AA coded flight. The fare rules allow that.

Originally Posted by erik123
You can't stopover despite the fare rules - which are a holdover from earlier when stopovers were possible..
OK, I stand corrected as per hinting that the reason for not being able to do stayovers in TYO was the fare rules prohibiting that. In reality fare rules stop TYO stopovers through other restrictions, as documented above. Thanks to both of you for helping us understand this interesting fare, sold for a good price.

In the light of my posting experience, I will in due order perform self-criticism