FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Offers of a Pre-Departure Beverage (PDB) [2019 and Earlier]
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:56 pm
NoLaGent

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I think there were always cases of policy being followed. It's just inconsistent.

Also, I don't work for the airline. It's not my job to collect data about their service for them. That's their job. This is not a partnership. I'm a customer, paying for a service. They are supposed to provide it.

Again, this is not a new problem. I honestly feel that if AS wanted to get this right they would have done so by now. The problem is not that they don't have data points. They are providing the level of service that they wish to provide.

As far as compensation goes -- I'm sure that the fact that you are often traveling in paid first class is relevant. I complained about this once, when I was upgraded, and I got a response telling me the "official" policy, with no compensation.
"They" being the front line FAs, in this case. Providing feedback gives management the ability to either further train, or in justified cases, fire those who can't/won't follow policy.

I too, am not an employee, but a customer who cares about consistency.