FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG Pier dining — what a let down!
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:02 pm
londonexpert

Originally Posted by sparkj
I have been to the CX J lounges many times, but was really excited to try the F lounges, after watching a number of blogs and youtube videos about how great they are. But alas I was so disappointed when I had breakfast at the Wing F on my last trip, it was absolutely horrible.

It was totally packed, even more people than The Deck during peak hours (but maybe felt that way because its smaller). There was even a dude asleep on the next table and snoring.
The food was cold, the Eggs Royale I had was even worse than a random eggs any random cafe in HK. If it was a real restaurant I would never go back.
The food at the buffet area was probably worse than the Pier J imo, with much less selection.
Maybe it was a bad day, but based on that alone I think I would rather go to any of the J lounges instead.... the only thing they had extra was their OK-level champagne.

In comparison, I've been pleasantly surprised every time I've been to the QF lounge. The staff are way friendlier, food is decent, some of the cocktails are great, and it feels way less packed.
Sadly the only thing I actually look forward to at the CX lounges nowadays are the showers.

Will go to the Pier F very soon, hopefully it will be better...
specifically what food options did you have at the QF j class lounge?