FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:40 am
LWT3

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I just sent this over SM:

Hi! I recently sent a message requesting a match to a sign-up bonus of 75,000 miles for my card ending in xxxx.

I got a response in the mail saying that I was not solicited for this offer. I understand that I was not solicited, but, I was hoping that I could be matched to this offer as a one-time courtesy.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Let's see how it goes. I expect a response by mail in a week or so...
Good approach. I'll be interested to see how it goes. After seeing reports of match requests to 75,000 miles getting shot down, I chatted to request a match to 70,000 from 60,000. I just got a snail mail letter today telling me their records do not show I was solicited for the offer I mentioned. That should have been obvious from my request ("I received an offer for X. Can you please match me to Y?"). If I received the higher offer, I wouldn't be asking for a match.

In any case, I just sent a second chat request asking for a match to 65,000 because I know that exists and I'm not sure if there are 70,000 offers out there or not. This time I specifically said I did not receive the higher offer but am asking if they can match me to it as a courtesy. We'll see what happens when I get a snail mail response in 7-10 days. If they shoot me down a second time, I will consider making the request by phone.