FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:03 am
PaulMCO

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SFHokie
I just noticed that the GPU I applied to my "R" fare (purchased Premium Plus seat) to move from PP to J was never returned to my account after the upgrade failed. Anyone else notice this?

I sent an email to United and am waiting to hear back from what they have to say.

Also of interest, I remember my itinerary saying "(PZ) class requested" (I think that was the message) up until I checked-in for the flight instead of "Upgrade requested". It looked like a lot of people were getting upgraded into business class the week leading up to the flight -- or they were buying last minute business fares in droves at $4000 a piece -- yet I never made it higher on the upgrade list than #4 (on an "R" fare, which is higher than all Y fares but less than "O" and "A" fares). Sad times.

Hopefully 1K Voice can fix this for me easily.
Did you do an upgrade via the UA.com site. If so there have been issues that the GPU was not taken out properly and applied to the booking. Had same issue and it MP+ to get it manually returned. When correctly done -- it should do the Upgrade Requested. Rather than PZ class requested.