FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New business class seat (1-2-1) for Boeing B787 and Airbus A350
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:26 am
pjacobs2267

Seat Booking experience for 787 IAD - IST - IAD

Had to call Turkish Airlines yesterday (4/12/2019) because the web site would still not allow me to book seats or see a seat map for the flights I have booked (revenue, biz class) in August, where the 787 is scheduled. Neither Turkish nor Seatguru has the 787 seatmap although there are some other sources that show it in some form.

The Turkish agent helped me to get seats although she said this was the first time she had booked a 787 seat. We went through the seat map (she was patient) and it showed 2A and 2D as adjacent, with 1A and 3A single seats, alternating 1-2-1 and 2-2 rows through the business section up to row 8. This is interesting because it's not consistent with the photos shown on this and other sites and not with the expectations for the layout (most of which point to staggered 1-2-1 layout with the "window" seats shifting from left-side console to right-side console in alternate rows). The agent couldn't explain it to me so I just booked some of the few remaining "single" seats.

It's a bit curious that this still hasn't been published. I suspect that 2A and 2D are actually staggered (one behind the other, with the foot well in the console next to the front seat) but it's really hard to be sure and it's odd that even on the web site with a booked revenue ticket you still can't see the seat map.