FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Air Lines Plans to Reduce Seat Recline in Bet to Make Flyers Happy
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:18 am
3Cforme
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FullFare
DL has stacked more seats into its F cabin than the other majors, and I compare my DL flights in the F cabin to what I have seen to my position in the UA and AA's cabins. The comparison between DL and AA on their 737 F cabins is glaring: AA does 4 rows and DL does 5. I fly over 400K actual miles per year and make Exec Plat, 1K, and Diamond on the 3 majors.

DL has had, regardless of how many rows it crams into its F cabin, from long ago had way too much pitch for its F seats. Really bad in trying to get out of your seat when there is only 3 inches distance to get one's knees through. AA and UA are nowhere near this. I suppose if DL wants to cram more seats into the same finite space as its competitors, at least the decent thing for DL to have done would have been to limit the recline of such seats. Hallelujah on waking up to this.
You're confusing some aircraft and configurations.

Delta 738s have 16F (and 160 seats total)

AA's MAX8s (and its Oasis reconfigured 738s) have 16 F and 172 seats total.

UA has three 738 configs but all show 16F and 166 seats total.

It's Delta's 737-900ER that has a 20F cabin. So does United's 739. AA doesn't fly 739s.

F seat pitch on DL's 738 is 37 inches - the same on AA MAX 8s and Oasis 738s.