FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Delta Companion certificate Consolidated Thread
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:00 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Thank you for your reply flyerCO, excellent information of which I was (obviously) previously unaware.

Regarding avoiding the high APD having used Delta miles and paying taxes and fees to Delta, for an itinerary including a 23 hour LHR connection between an Alitalia flight and a Virgin flight:
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
… using Delta miles.

2 available roundtrips: Aug 4/Aug 20 JFK-LHR-JFK Virgin Upper Class and Aug 8/Aug 19 LHR-FCO-LHR Alitalia Economy
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It doesn't need to be booked on one ticket to not pay APD. Just show your BP from flying into LHR at checkin with DL and they will issue the refund. If you forget you can submit a copy online of the BP to request the refund.
Are you suggesting going to the Delta counter at LHR between my arrival on Alitalia and my departure 22 hours later on Virgin? My check-in at LHR for the return flight to JFK will be with Virgin, are they able to process the refund? Once ticketed, prior to all flights, could I submit it to Delta and get the refund? Thank you very much once again.