FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2019-20 edition
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:18 am
Xonus

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Centurion, HH Diam
Originally Posted by etiene
I had this last year - I think it was said to be an issue with trying to book through AA EU without having any AA flight numbers on the booking. The AA EU site is apparently a skin for Amadeus - so it doesn't seem to communicate with SABRE if there are no AA flight numbers to book [all legs were AA metal]. I spent ages on the phone trying to convince them that it was an AA booking [they claimed it was BA, even with BA on the phone at the same time telling them the truth]. It was eventually honoured, though they switched all the flight numbers to AA despite me explicitly asking for BA [part Y itin, so the BA numbers would have gotten me more TP/Avios].

Then a couple of weeks later it was randomly cancelled - and I again spent a while convincing them to reinstate it...!
Sounds VERY likely as I went with BA/AY numbers as well, and the AAgent kept insisting it was a BA booked flight (and BA saying 'hogwash'). So - moral is: Make DAMN sure there is at least one normal AA flight number in there.
Thanks for the post - very useful.