FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BNE-HKG no longer a350?
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:17 am
cx4ever

Originally Posted by smoaky
Right. Will have to wait and see!

Anyone know if this flight still stops in Cairns on the way to HKG? The Cathay site does not indicate as much, but it seems that stop has been included for years?
The flight no longer has a stopover. Their old flight to/from Brisbane used to be HKG-CNS-BNE-HKG, a triangular route, so when I flew to Cairns I had to fly down to Brisbane on the way back. This service has now ended and has been replaced by non-stop flights to Cairns and additional non-stop flights to Brisbane.

However, based on a quick Google search, the flight from BNE-HKG (A350, CX156) is scheduled to land at 7:30AM, and also frequently lands 15+ minutes early. There is an HKG-JFK flight (CX830) that leaves at 9:15AM. This is a fairly connection but I would imagine it's quite doable and people frequently make connections that are just as short or even shorter than this. Not sure why this didn't show up but you might want to check it out (flight not be available due to your fare class). All flights to JFK are currently on the 4-class 777-300ERs with 9-abreast, but when you fly all the 777s will probably be retrofitted by then. Hope this helps!