FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club Access (2009 - June 2022)
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:46 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by defrosted
I also find it strange all the fuss about this considering, if I understand correctly, this only effects people that have no status yet can afford first class tickets but can't afford $29 entry fee and a Delta Amex. Anyone with GM or higher gets in regardless of cabin.

I mean I guess the few FO that got upgraded could have a more legitimate gripe about declining benefits, but really how many could that actually be since first upgrades (even to Canada) are hard to come by even for GM.

Or is this just an argument for argument's sake?
Outright Paid F also gets in. It's an argument only for those that see it as an arguement. DL Corporate has confirmed, DL SC managers have confirmed, and station managers have confirmed that Canada/Mexico F still gets access. When you scan your BP it tells the agents if you qualify. Scan the BP for the Canada/Mexico leg confirmed in F and in you go.

Don't ask if you get access, don't scan another BP, just scan the BP for the qualifying leg and in you go. The fact that DL employees are confused after a policy change is nothing new. Also, as I noted above, agents have wrongly insisted for years that Canada F doesn't get SC access.