FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impact on AF/KL Stock Tickets with 9W Segments Should Jet Airways Cease Operations
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:23 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Zembla

If I am not mistaking also CDG flights have been cancelled. When flights are cancelled in advance (More than 24 hours notice if I am not mistaking) EU rules do not apply. I doubt that AF will be willing to pay for 9W debts, and they are not the ones who will have to compensate you. For now, all 9W cancellations are eligible for refund (I read something about an Indian court order concerning that), but the situation could change rapidly into a real bankruptcy, in which case it becomes very uncertain that you’ll get a refund. However, you would probably be covered by your credit card company if you have booked with a credit card which includes all sorts of insurances (Such as AMEX platinum).

In case this is an AF or KL issued ticket there is a pretty big chance that you can be rebooked. In which case, you should first try to call them. In case its a 9W or third party issued ticket all of the above applies.
I am very ignorant on these issues.
Let me ask a simple question.
AF(or a TA) issues a ticket on AF stock where some of the flights are AF coded but operated by 9W. When does 9W receive money from the sale of the ticket? If all flights ar AF-coded, I assume that AF has to protect you if 9W folds, right?
Same as above, but some of the flights on the multicity ticket are 9W coded. Does AF have any legal obligation to protect you, e.g. rebook some domestic flight?