FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BNE-HKG no longer a350?
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:56 pm
nycflyer17
formerly smoaky

Originally Posted by QRC3288
In 2017, CX publicly said the B777s and A330s would get WiFi "starting in mid-2018". While this came true for the 777s (B77Ws almost halfway converted w/ Wifi), no A330s have been converted yet I don't think. However, since your flight is so far away it's possible the conversions will be underway by then.

The A350 is definitely newer and in working condition, I would prefer it for the BNE flight, especially if the A330s don't have Wifi by next year. But the A359s also have a lot of dumb seat and bathroom things broken which still, 2 years into deliveries, aren't fixed. In J class you're always about 20-30% chance to get something annoying or ghetto on the A350 (think duct tape in the bathroom, toilets that don't look 2 years old but rather 20 years old, cracked mirrors, seat screens broken, armrests broken, side tables broken, etc.). The 33K / 33E (CX's longhaul A330s) don't have the seat issues and are a perfectly comfortable ride too.
I'd like to say Wifi isn't a big deal as this is coming back from a vacation, but it is a looong daytime flight.

Too bad to hear the shape things are in on some of the a359s; I'm sort of more interested in trying one out for the first time, and definitely wouldn't mind the better altitude for at least part of this 24 hours in the air back to JFK. We'll be in J so I'm not complaining, just a shame to have both these flights and neither be an a350. The rewards gods won't allow it this time.