View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 19, 8:06 pm
BD1959

Programs: QF WP LTS, HHonors Diamond, VA NP
Very infrequent AY flyer but took the A319 HEL-LHR (AY1335) followed by the A330 LHR-HEL (AY1338) in J over the last two weeks and enjoyed the A319 much more.

Apart from the Y seat and IFE, I found the A319 experience far better, probably aided by a J cabin less than half populated versus a full A330 J cabin on the return. The F&B service was far more personalised, thought the quality better (loved the smoked fish magnificent compared with the bland white-fish dish). Many revisits by the two dedicated A319 crew (I had to pare them back as I was driving ex-LHR).

Very efficient delivery of luggage at LHR (yes .... at LHR !!!) ex the 319 which I'm not sure you'd get with a WB.

The *only* downside for me was the use of a remote gate for boarding the A319 - on a very quiet Saturday afternoon - I guess AY don't make space at the non-Schengen gates for narrowbodies if they can park a WB there for the day.

That apart, and on the evidence of 1 sector each, give me a NB against a WB on EU routes everyday!

Regards,

BD