FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Fi: Anyone care to post their experience?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 5:44 pm
estnet

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by abk
sorry, I misunderstood your question. When I first resumed service I did it on my laptop from my house. I then went to use the phone outside of wifi and when I dialed it told me there was a problem with my account and sent me directly to customer service. Later when I was back in wifi I could make calls over the internet but when I turned wifi off and tried I went directly to customer service. Sometime mid afternoon yesterday everything started working fine on both my phone and my data sim in my ipad.
Thanks - were u in the US? I wouldn't have had any way to contact cs or correspond with Fi from Japan unless I had a wifi connection -hence my question. When I tried to resume service I just got either nothing or an error message (can't remember), but when I connected to the airport wifi I resumed without problem - I think this was during the time people were reporting outages.
Is it usual to be able to resume outside the country without having a wifi connection?