FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:30 pm
Intl359Widget

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mfan
I looked into this as well when I was booking my reward reservation last month. I found out from the resort that the main difference between the Classic and the other Overwater bungalows is access to the lagoon. The Classic does not have a staircase from the sundeck to the water, probably because it's in very shallow water. I have also read somewhere that the Classic doesn't have the see thru floor feature. However, the photo for the Classic at the Marriott website seemed to have one so that may not be correct. I didn't ask about this when I spoke to the resort because the minute they told me about the missing staircase, I lost all interest in the Classic. In any case, I had a long discussion with them and was able to swing an upgrade to a true overwater bungalow for minimum cost.
I have the Overwater Lagoon Bungalow booked and am confident in the property upgrading us one category further when we arrive but you're right the photos for the Classic room is misleading as it is not over water.