FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic IN availability to grow
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:38 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan
Is it possible that they're going to continue to keep the saver chart, internally, without publishing it, and that saver award prices will be capped? Sure, but I wouldn't bet on it. All signs point toward much higher redemption costs than in the past. Personally, I suspect that they will keep the I/IN/ZN/JN inventory buckets, because they will want to give some availability to partners and also have "better" availability for credit card holders and premier travelers. But that doesn't mean that anybody will like the prices that they see for I/IN inventory, just that they may be less nauseating than the ZN/JN price......
The lack of separate EveryDay and Saver inventory for PP, could a big red flag. A major hint of a future of "merged" award inventory.
[sarcasim] Making "simpler", "less confusing" as customers "have been asking." [/sarcasim]

However a less cynical explanation. UA is awaiting an *A uniform award system for PP/PE and then there will be another award inventory code for PP.

Not sure which it is but time will tell.