FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight cancelled, OTA refused to rebook on another carrier despite airline say yes
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:24 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
This is really unfortunate. As much as I rant on about OTAs (and I agree with everything that's been said of them in this thread), there is blame to go around with 9W here, and I would suggest pressing them further.

The OTA cannot just reissue you a ticket on another carrier, it needs to be exchanged for a ticket issued on 9W ticket stock (regardless of operating carrier). 9W has to provide the OTA with appropriate waivers to do this, so the OTA does not come out of pocket for the new ticket. It is possible that, for whatever reason (read: $$), 9W is not giving the OTA the authority necessary to do the exchange, despite 9W's assertions that you are entitled to travel on another carrier.

Also, other than internal policy, there is no reason 9W cannot reissue the ticket itself and put you on any flight/carrier it desires.
True, but carriers have little incentive to do anything for anybody who booked through a TA. In this case, 9W is on the rocks so it is less likely to spend its own cash or time.