FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Case of the Disappearing Priority Tags
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:42 am
PointWeasel

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by songsc
Also may I ask what’s your iteniery? Asking because some baggage handlers claims that they remove tags from “non qualifying” bags, and they think they know the rules. Happened to me once on a J to Y iteniery at YVR.
Too funny. This has been a challenge with AV at times, with some baggage handlers or other staff down actually ripping of priority tags if pax are not flying the J...not realizing its a Star Gold perk. For some smaller airports, its not a big deal, but arriving in BOG it can make a big difference.

As far as AC goes...the rumour is that everything will be determined from the bag tag bar codes and yes, priority tags will be phased out, but it is not imminent from what I was told twice just last week. Heck, my missing bags due to the YVR baggage handlers and the new standby tag (or lack thereof) system prove that bar codes do not magically make things happen the way they should.