FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transit Abidjan / check-in
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:36 am
Mr.Potato

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Well, for those interested: I can confirm that there is no need for a visa transiting through ABJ, my luggage was checked all the way but because my Air Côte d'Ivoire flight flew to Niamey before flying to ABJ (that was of course unplanned) I missed my connection to CDG (on AF521) and had to be re-booked on AF703. I had to go to the luggage area to get my bag and re-check it, no issue regarding the visa, the police is just keeping the passport in the meantime. Seems like other people originally booked on AF703 also had to get there luggage re-checked-in.

Quick question: I had bought an upgrade in Y+, on my original flight (AF521), I had to fight with Air Cote d'Ivoire to get a Y+ seat on AF703, they only wanted to pay Y and were asking me to contact AF back in CDG to get a refund, what I thought would be highly uncertain. Anyway, no miles were credited for this upgrade (seems logical since I did not fly the one I bought), and I can't seem to claim missing miles through the FB platform. Based on your experience, can I claim the missing miles ? If so, how ?

Thanks!