FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HHonors Points Stolen Through Amazon.com
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:03 pm
pinion

Angry HHonors Points Stolen Through Amazon.com

Apparently the points stealing schemes are still going on. I received 2 emails yesterday from Hilton saying that my HHonors points had been redeemed through Amazon.com. I immediately logged into my Hilton account and I've gone from approx 268,000 down to 1000, so around 267,000 were stolen. No idea how this could have happened. Email stated to call Amazon if there is a problem with the transaction or if I was not the one who placed an order. It doesn't make sense that they say they cannot track down a transaction using my Hilton number as there has to be some kind of record of the points transfer from Hilton. I don't know if there are other sources I can contact to get this situation taken care of.

Called Amazon and was told that they have no record of the transaction taking place and there is no purchase using points in my history. They basically said there is nothing they can do except talk with Hilton to see if "this is a valid transaction" and that they would get back to me in a week or so. No guarantees that they will be able to find anything. Sounds like they are trying to blame Hilton.

Called Hilton to report the fraud. Hilton stated that they could see 2 separate transactions in my account. One for 114,500 and one for 134,000 (I know the math doesn't add up; who knows). Hilton said they would have to talk to Amazon "to determine if the points transfer was valid" and they would contact me "if there was anything they could do". Sounds like they are trying to blame Amazon. No guarantees that they will find anything.

I am a long time Hilton Honors member and Hilton credit cardholder. Very loyal to the brand as they have always treated me well during my stays. I've been a Prime member for many years as well. I'm not sure if this is an Amazon.com problem or a Hilton security problem. All passwords have been changed for both accounts and credit card. As a precaution, I removed all payment sources from both accounts as well.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. This really puts a burden on my travel expenses as I was using them to pay for stays while travelling for my business.