FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:43 am
Tilly71

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
It's all part and parcel of their lamb to the slaughter approach. I mean forcing a couple an extra $3176.63, or a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 kids $3915.83, if they wanted to celebrate Xmas and New Years there is just asking for the place to be barren of all those whose money doesn't grow on trees. What if I'm a Muslim or some other religion and I don't celebrate Christmas or the new year. What if I'm an atheist or agnostic or Hindu or whatever. Why should I have a festival, or two, rammed down my throat. I would differ and say it's not a pricing strategy, it's an ugly corporate money-grab.

Oh, and yeah, added to the wiki in bold red, enlarged text.

Well, an hour return and add lets say two, 15-minute periods to get the passengers and their luggage loaded and offloaded. That's at least 90min.
They are charging a lot of money for guests to use the transfer provided and not potentially have the use of a decent lounge whilst maybe waiting an hour for the next transfer. I can see them being slated if people pay 2k a night and have to sit and wait for a transfer not accommodated in a lounge. Wonder if they strike up a deal with the Conrad Lounge...