FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Watch for stolen Concorde memorabilia
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:52 am
squawk

Watch for stolen Concorde memorabilia

Mods: I believe this is relevant given the BA connection and the fact that many on this forum collect BA-related memorabilia, so there is the possibility they might come across these items for sale.

I don't know how many BAEC FTers saw the sad news that a former Concorde pilot and his wife were found dead at their home in Berkshire recently. The pilot, Tony Meadows, was on the first passenger flight from LHR in 1977.

Unfortunately, it seems that very unscrupulous individuals have now burgled the house, taking items related to Concorde and his career of immense sentimental value to the family:

Concorde memorabilia, cufflinks and other related items belonging to Mr Meadows were taken, police said.

The house in Chapel Lane was burgled between 23:00 on Sunday and 11:00 GMT on Monday.

Det Insp Alice Broad, of Thames Valley Police, said: "We are investigating this burglary in which it's thought a number of items linked to Concorde and Anthony Meadows's work as a pilot were stolen.

"These items have sentimental value to the family who have recently lost both their mother and father just last week."

"We would ask anyone who may have been offered these items for sale to please get in touch with Thames Valley Police."
Given how many BAEC FTers are interested in this kind of memorabilia, I thought it worth alerting the forum in case you come across these and are able to alert the police so they might be reunited with the family.