FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CW Defective Seat Compo
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:03 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I think this is unfair regarding obsession. What I'm doing is contributing to an interesting debate (as are you). What value is ascribed to various elements of a flight's overall package? You say the seat is the fundamental upon which the rest is built, but that could be equally said about the safe transportation from A to B, or the personal space offered or indeed the cabin crew service. Isn't it valuable to explore this and see what comes to light from each of our opinions? For me, what has come to light is that I agree 2500 is too low, however I disagree that the compensation awarded should be based all about the seat element, and the others disregarded.
Transporting us - in safety - is a given assumption. So that doesn't count for 'value' here. The 'upgraded' food and beverage doesn't count either because it's not the reaon I fly premium. I can manage perfectly well with an economy meal (I do whenever I eat out at a cheap place for lunch or dinner).

The whole point of biz class is the flat bed. That's the product differential over PEY or Y. If you can't use it, there should be full compensation, otherwise I might as well have been in the main cabin. (In other words... would you pay £1000 extra just for the CW meal?)