FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:51 am
kaffir76

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Exclamation OW lounge note

Originally Posted by a9504477
As OWE i'd have access to the MH First lounge and would head there. I was just wondering whether it might be worth visiting also the Plaza Premium First lounge. My guess is no but i'm happy to learn otherwise.
More generally, QR business class passengers and OW Sapphire/Emerald would have access to the OW lounges at KUL, ie the MH lounges and the CX one.
You have more than enough time to visit all OW lounges if you so please, but do note that the CX lounge is not open 24 hrs. They close at 10pm or 11pm.
PP First is a small but good lounge, it gets bust late in the evening before the late night dep. of all the airlines using that lounge (& there are quite a few) so it may feel a little crowded. They have table service in the dining area though you'd get that too in MH F.

I was on a JAL flight last Feb. and when I tried to lounge hop (i wanted to show my Mom the different lounges), the CX lounge said that I could only visit 1 lounge as they'd put a stamp on my BP showing the lounge which I entered (they actually made a rubber stamp for this purpose!)
That wasn't playing by the OW rules though, but I ddin't want to argue so I went to the MH lounge. Checked in with no issues, I had some laksa & went to the PP First lounge before our flight.

Not sure if it was JAL specific or was it the KLIA OW lounges trying to stop pax from going from one lounge to another.