FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:51 pm
oldmanbob

DP for match request

The wife had a 50 K +10K offer approved early March. Hit required spend in first 3 weeks. A few days before her first statement was to cut, I used online chat, on 4/1/19. I initially used his name in my chat and added..."Hope you are having a good day and no one is playing April fools on you! " I next wrote “I heard about a higher offer for 75,000 miles and I was wondering if you could add 20,000 miles as a one-time courtesy to match that higher offer?” I continued in the chat and wrote a short joke about April fools day, He he replied and thanked me for "a good laugh" .. and he added...“I have successfully submitted the request to match the miles and citi will take care of it”. She got a letter today, dated 4/2, from cust service, that said they “credited her with a 15,000 miles adjustment”. Managing a call center for the last 16 years has taught me that reps get complaints a lot of the time and they appreciate a chat that is not a complaint. I think making quick small talk or a joke, makes them want to help you.