FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Narita Airport Lounge Closure
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:38 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
My first visit to the renovated lounge today. Even though my flight is from the satellite building the check in agent recommended going to the newly opened 4th floor lounge.

The new lounge does very clearly have a dining area feel. 90% of the lounge are tables that are meant for eating. A small area at one end is more of a seating area.

As others have remarked, the tables along the walls and windows are placed quite close. And I would hope once the 3rd floor opens and less seating is needed they take one table out per block..

It is now 9:25, and I would say there are more open seats in the lounge than there typically was on the 3rd floor while the 4th was closed. So they did keep seating rather dense up here.

There is the sushi bar, two points for ordering the various tray sets, and one point for ordering the ramen and Japanese set. The buffet options are very limited.

At the moment they do offer Laurent Perrier champagne here, I don't know if that will continue, or once the renovation is complete it will revert to only being available in the satellite lounge.

I tried the sushi, which is same as usual. I did not ask for a customisation, but the person in front of me did and got it. The English text on the sign is the same, while the Japanese text does indicate that the sushi is only a available in the defined 3 piece set. I have to admit I don't remember what the exact text was I Japanese in the old sushi bar.

I tried the tonkotsu ramen, and while I have had better in town and certainly in Fukuoka, it was good. It came with the mustard pickles though I'd prefer to have them on the side rather than added from he beginning.

There is an elevator down, but I don't easlit see where they would add a staircase to connect to a seating area in the third floor.

As a dining area, I think it is a good solution and should it be combined with a 3rd floor seating area, it ends up being a quite good, but not excellent first class lounge..