FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK in IST: Thread #3 - Transit and Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
Old Apr 9, 19, 2:16 pm
SFOTraveler1984

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy View Post
BTW, did you have the option of leaving the airside (transit area), more like going downstairs and clear immigration like before at Ataturk?.
That's what I would like to know too.
I arrived at IST from the US this evening. We were bussed from the airplane to the terminal building (even though a jet bridge would have been available - looked like some technicians were working on it).
Passengers were separated into transit passengers and immigration. Since I have a day in Istanbul, I went to passport control. I did not see if transit passengers had to go through transit security.
The airport was nice - not busy at all. Unfortunately the fast track lane at passport control was closed, so there was a bit of a wait. Also, there was quite a long line for taxis with about 1-2 taxis arriving per minute. Definitely not enough for peak times.

I also got a chance to see the new hotel desk - much nicer than at the old airport

Transfer desk

Closed fast track lane at passport control

Hotel desk, to the very right when you leave the baggage claim area

Bus arrival into terminal

Hotel desk, to the very right when you leave the baggage claim area

Walkway to passport control

Outside arrivals area