Old Apr 9, 19, 12:35 pm
mike_la_jolla

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, SWA CP
https://www.entertainment-plus.net/affiliate_1082
Originally Posted by jmann2380 View Post
Hey all,

My wife and I and our 7 month old will be heading to Belmond Maroma at the end of the month and are trying to coordinate transfers and such with the hotel. Belmond quoted us $170 each way for SUV transport w/ a child seat, which I though included a M&G and Fast Track. Upon inquiring it does not and they quoted an additional $320 for this service, which is wayyyy higher than I have paid for it anywhere else. Normally I would totally blow this off due to the cost, however it's our first vacation with our baby and I want it to go smooth.

My question is, I haven't been able to find a single review aboutYep. this service at Cancun airport. Furthermore I found an 8 page thread on TA that says this service does not exist at this airport and all the sites advertising it are trying to sell a bill of goods they cannot deliver.

Anyone have any experience?

Thanks,
Josh
Yep. Been there done that but not with an infant.

- The price the hotel quoted is absurd.
- You really don't need fast track and it may not exist. Customs isn't too bad at Cancun -- maybe 30 minutes max?
- You cannot get a taxi at CUN. Don't even try. The corruption there is *extreme*.
- I use USA Transfers. The quoted price is $80 for the round trip to/from Belmond Maroma and they have an option for an infant car seat. Make sure to bring $USA cash. I'd tip $5-10 each way.
- If you're flying SWA allow for some extra time on the return. It can be chaos at the check-in counter, even for A-List.