FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ACLU files suit on behalf of Apple employee for not giving access to phone/laptop
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:44 am
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Ari
He was targeted:
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Dr. Gal suspects that it was retaliatory.
Feds revoke Global Entry, PreCheck privileges of frequent flier

Gal said in an interview that he couldn't understand why he was singled out by CBP, calling himself "a boring, middle-aged white male software executive." But he added: "In the past two years I've been very outspoken on the Trump administration's policies on social media, particularly with respect to Customs and Border Protection and immigration."

Gal repeated his suspicions in a post he wrote for Medium.com on April 2: "My past work on encryption and online privacy is well documented, and so is my disapproval of the Trump administration and my history of significant campaign contributions to Democratic candidates. I wonder whether these CBP programs led to me being targeted." He added that after his experience, "I travel in fear. I've reduced my international travel and my heart pounds every time I go through U.S. Customs."