FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Warning for all Medallion members traveling to Tokyo HND
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:37 am
Far From Home

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
I can confirm from recent personal experience that medallions in PE do not get lounge access at HND. However, HND is an attractive airport (lighter, less congested, a more open feel than NRT) with lots of places to eat and drink. I didn’t find it a hardship to forego a lounge (I feel that way about SIN also). Also, the DL checkin and gate staff (some of the checkin staff came out to the gate near departure time) are some of the pleasantest I have encountered.

My one MSP-HND-MSP trip has made me a fan of HND. I also liked the fact that the airport is so close to the city and well connected by subway and monorail. I was fortunate that a 50-55 minute subway ride, with no transfers necessary, got me from the airport to within four blocks of my hotel.
And I can re-confirm this is still the current state of things for Gold Medallions (Elite Plus) as well - pleasant staff; zero lounge options. As others have suggested: plan to hang out pre-security for as long as possible if you want decent food / beverage / shopping before your flight.