FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK in IST: Thread #3 - Transit and Stopover Hotel, Touristanbul, Sleeping Rooms
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:00 pm
davehammer

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, TK Elite, Dragonpass, HH Silver
Cautionary tale - YOTEL

Hi all, I’m currently trying to get some sleep in the business lounge after the YOTEL messed up my reservation. I’m travelling LHR-IST-ECN and e mailed the hotel with my reservation details including exact date and times of flights and the hours I need the room. For such hourly reservations you had to e mail according to the website. So I duly receive a confirmation of my reservation and look forward to a stay on my 8hr layover.

I get to the YOTEL and am told that my reservation is actually for tomorrow. And that despite my reservation showing 00:30 on 9th April, the system is only checking in for arrivals on the 8th. Even though ‘now’ is the 9th as shown on my reservation... You cannot run an airside hotel on such a ludicrous reservations set up. It needs to be run by the hour on exact times and dates as promised. People won’t just rock up after 3pm and check out before 11 at an airside transit hotel! The airside hotel at Ataturk never had such an issue. Sadly despite my pleas I’ve not (quite rightly to be fair) been allowed to have a sleeping room so I’m trying to get some shut eye in a quiet corner.

I’ll be letting YOTEL know what I think of them in the morning. Just a cautionary tale to the community.