View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 19, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by jerub View Post
Because so many trays were diverted to secondary screening, the X-Ray machine was backed up
This is a regular occurrence at MAN. I don't know what's going on, but it doesn't happen anywhere else.

What anyone unfamiliar with MAN may not realise is that when the line of rejected bags starts to back up, security staff remove the bags from the rejected line and put them onto wheeled trolleys which are then queued up behind the secondary screening station. There might be 10-15 of these trolleys per lane all with a bag each on them and the bags coming from the x-ray. If the x-ray is blocked the actual number of rejected bags waiting for secondary screening is probably something like 20-25. It's ridiculous. Very easy to lose 30 minutes or more if you lose the secondary screening lottery.

I haven't managed to get to the lounge on my last few trips thanks to the delays at security. On a very good day, one can be through the fast track in 2 minutes - but those have been few and far between lately. Flying on Wednesday, not looking forward to it.