FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Overhead bins for large items ONLY??
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:16 pm
Jinxed_K

Programs: JMB, AMC
Originally Posted by LordHamster
When I'm standing in the boarding lane, look around and realize I'm carrying ~60% LESS carry-on baggage than everyone else, I don't feel particularly morally obligated to accommodate their extra bags at the cost of my legroom. Call me selfish, but again... I'm already taking at LEAST 33% less overhead than nearly everyone else... and realistically closer to 60-70% less based on my typical loadout.

*For those carrying multiple bags, I agree 1 should be stored underseat where feasible.
This is something I ran into on a previous previous flight. Full B737, I checked a bag and brought aboard a small backpack which I put in the overhead since it was my only carryon. FA came over and asked if I could put it under the seat in front to fit somebody else's rollaboard. I paid for an extra legroom seat and it basically defeated that perk since now the backpack took up all the space under the seat in front of me.
Postflight I complained to the airline (Jetblue) and they refunded the extra legroom seat charge. I wasn't expecting anything out of the complaint, so it was pleasantly surprising they did that.