FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qatar first class in FRA airport
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:55 am
ISTFlyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
It's really shame, if it's true that, QR doesn't contract the Lufthansa Lounge's for Sapphire and Emerald Tiers traveling in Economy Class. This also means that no lounge access for Privilege Club Silver. As I noticed, they have also moved their other 777 service to Terminal 1C as well. For the 77W flight, I am not sure if they use gates C1-C10 or the Lufthansa gates C13-C16. But, it's definitely the A380 flight passengers, despite their travel class are not subject for a second security screening as there is no open gate cleared areas for Terminal 1C and Terminal 2. Yes, the JAL Lounge could be a bit far but even though it's accessible. If they use the C1-C10 gates for the 77W service all passengers visiting the LH Lounges should have clear security a second time. This is similar to what Lufthansa does to TK and ME at Terminal 1B; when the parking position at T1B is full, they allocate T1C gates for non-LH codeshare partners ( including *A carriers ) even though they contract the Lufthansa Lounge so that means premium passengers on those airlines should clear security twice. Similar to this, QR passengers preferring to use the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge would also be subject to clear security twice. In my opinion, QR might contract the Luxx Lounge for their Economy Class status passengers.

Instead of this complicated situation, even though it's not common for an A380, I would prefer being bussed to an open stand from Terminal 1B,

Also rumors indicate that QR would move to the future Terminal 3 after its completed and open to service.