FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No nuts please!
Thread: No nuts please!
View Single Post
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:29 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It’s getting more common, I have made this announcement twice in the last 6 weeks.
Yes, I have had something like one such announcement a year for the first 2 decades of my flying life, now it's running at once a month (all short haul thankfully) so far.

It's good to hear whether it is nuts or peanuts that are being restricted since they are two different things, peanuts being legumes/vegetables. Usually the wording says something like "we have a customer on board with a severe peanut / nut allergy, so we would ask passengers to refrain for eating any peanut / nut products during this flight. We will not the selling nut items from our M&S On Board service".

I was on a LHR-NCL service affected, and there were a large number of executives from Japan heading presumably to the Nissan factory in Sunderland. I'm not entirely sure they understood the message.